A project to encourage female leaders of the future across Wales will focus on careers in the police force via a virtual event next week.
The LeadHerShip programme is bringing together five inspiring women from across the Police Force in Wales for a webinar on 2 December from 12-1.30pm.
Run by Chwarae Teg, LeadHerShip is aimed at 16-25 year old women and aims to ensure they become better represented in decision-making roles, and provides them with a platform to get their voices heard.
Taking part will be:
- Police Officer and BAME Recruitment Champion Siobhan Aldridge, South Wales Police
- Chief Inspector Lisa Gore, South Wales Police
- Chief Inspector Emma Naughton, North Wales Police
- Police Community Support Officer, Robina Ahmed North Wales Police
- Detective Chief Inspector Tracey Rankine, South Wales Police
The webinar will give an insight into their day jobs, how they arrived at their careers, and take a look at leadership and diversity within the force. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions.