Agile Nation2 is funded by the European Social Fund through Welsh Government. Delivered by Chwarae Teg the project has been developed to improve the position of women working in the private or third/voluntary sector.
The Agile Nation2 project was established as women continue to be underrepresented at a managerial level across Wales. It is designed to improve this situation by:
- Working with employed women working or living in Wales to develop skills, and confidence to progress in the workplace.
- Working with small to medium sized businesses to develop effective recruitment, working practices for better retention and developing a diverse workforce.
The programme was developed as a direct response to a body of evidence showing there is a clear need for positive measures to be taken to support the progression of women in Wales.
This evidence includes:
- National figures show that 8% of employed women in wales are in management compared with 12% of men
- Women are underrepresented in key STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) industries, particularly in apprenticeships and management
- By balancing the participation rates of men and women, more than 10% could be added to the economy by 2030