Chwarae Teg and partners are providing an exciting opportunity aimed at encouraging more women into Non-Executive Director roles.
Providing a programme of one to one mentoring, shadowing opportunities and skills training that will take place over 12 months. We will give women practical experience and training on governance and the role of a Non-Executive Director.
The Non-Executive Director Shadowing opportunities and training will take place with your chosen organisation (please see Participating Organisations) .
What we will offer…
- Mentoring by a Non-Executive Director from your chosen organisation
- Mentoring/Shadowing by Senior Executives
- The opportunity to attend and participate in Board Meetings
- Make available to you the training offered to Non-Executive Directors
- Paid expenses
- Provide you with a certificate at the end of the scheme summarising your learning achievements
Who we are looking for…
We are looking for women who are willing to commit to attend approximately 12 Board meetings during the life of the programme, attend strategic planning events and relevant training opportunities offered to you.
- You are interested in learning about becoming a Non-Executive Director
- You have a drive to make a real difference to people’s lives
- You believe in fairness and equality
- You are passionate for new challenges
- You have a positive focus
How to apply
If you would like to help us and others make a real difference to people’s lives, then we would love to hear from you.
Please complete the application form by 5pm on Monday 24th May 2021
We will shortlist after the deadline, and invite people for an informal discussion in early June. The project will then run from September 2021 to September 2022.