There is a drastic need for more women in leadership positions. Having diverse voices in the room means that different issues and different perspectives are more likely to be discussed.
Chwarae Teg and partners are providing an exciting opportunity aimed at encouraging more women of all ages and backgrounds into Non-Executive Director roles.
Providing a programme of one to one mentoring, shadowing opportunities and skills training that will take place over 12 months. We will give women practical experience and training on governance and the role of a Non-Executive Director.
The Non-Executive Director Shadowing opportunities and training will take place with organisations such as Building Communities Trust, Sport Wales, Torfaen Leisure Trust, Football Association of Wales, Citizens Advice, Cyfannol Womens Aid and Tenovus Cancer Care.
What the programme will offer…
- Mentoring by a Non-Executive Director from one of our partnering organisations
- Mentoring/Shadowing by Senior Executives
- The opportunity to attend and participate in Board Meetings
- Make available to you the training offered to Non-Executive Directors
- Introductory training run by Chwarae Teg on Finance and Good Governance made available to you
- Paid expenses
- Provide you with a certificate at the end of the scheme summarising your learning achievements
Who we are looking for…
We are looking for all women of any age, who are willing to commit to attending approximately 1 Board meeting per month for 12 months, plus any additional committee meetings you may wish to join, and attend strategic planning events and relevant training opportunities which are made available to you.
- You are interested in learning about becoming a Non-Executive Director
- You have a drive to make a real difference to people’s lives
- You believe in fairness and equality
- You are passionate for new challenges
- You have a positive focus
Contact us today to find out more on how you can be involved either as a participant or a shadowing partner –